Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Herbed Fish w/ Avocado Sauce

Description:
This is an outdoor dish that is perfect for Tilapia or Sole or any fish fillet. If you do not have a griller, use a grill pan, but best to use is a grill basket so that your fish won't break into pieces.

Ingredients:
Juice of 2 limes (lemon, or big calamansi) - divide juice into 2
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp dired oregano leaves
2 tsps. olive oil
4 fish fillet about 4 to 6 ozs. eac (tilapia, halibut or sole)
1 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
1 tbsp finely chopped onion
2 tbsps water
4 to 6 large lettuce leaves, spinach leaves or any kind of lettuce leaves
1 alrge ripe thinly sliced tomato

Directions:
1. Combine the lime juice, tyme, oregano and oil oil.
2. Brush on each side of the fish
3. Preheat coals and allow to burn down
4. Lightly oil your grill rack.
5. Grill fish for 2 to 4 mins per side, or until done and fish flakes easily. (Be careful as your turn the fish, use a flat turner if you are not using a grill basket)
6. Blend avocado, onion, water, and the 2 tbsps lime juiceuntil smooth.

Arrange lettuce leaves--and arrange fish and sliced tomatoes over lettuce. Drizzle fish with lime juice and top with avocado sauce!

4 comments:

  1. Can you post how to cook Laing or any seafood with cocomilk na masarap... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good! Yes perfect for summer.
    Lita, thank you for sharing your recipes, imagine I'm getting all of this for free from a professional. I'm setting this aside for future use. I am just sad, because I always ends up in collecting recipes. Because eversince I got diagnose with diabetes I'm careful of what I can cook almost everything is bad for me, this recipe is healthy.

    Hi Anne ;-)

    *I would love to know how to make laing!* ;-) -another recipe I can't resist haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you liked this one Angie--pareho tayong matakaw--hindi naman ako professional masyado--mahilig din akong mag ipon ng recipe and I regret that a friend of mine in CA--stole all my book binded recipes that has my name on each book and segregated among meat, fish, vegetables, seafood and desserts---ninakaw ng kaibigan ko----lalaki pa naman---when I left these bounded books with him for a while since I was moving---and had to go home to the Phil. first---pati ibang damit ko at sapatos, at bag---nawala lahat---di raw niya malaman - tila ibinigay niya sa salvation army raw---I did not believe it cause I know he has an interest in cooking too---all of them were my collections since I was still a teenager---ganoon ako ka interesado sa cooking...so it is not a surprise that I do have lots of recipes---titikman ko lang---alam ko na kung anong inilagay----and that gift I still have. O sige--napahaba na ito Angie..but I wil give you more recipes! Watch out!

    Oh...I will do that---cause I have 2 versions of laing--and I will do it from my head--just hope I don't miss anything (but I am sure I won't)---haven't done that for a long time---sige...after I come back from an errand--just doing this before I go...but when I come back I will post 2 recipes that use coconut milk....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lagot na ako! hahah! Thank you pala!


    ReplyDelete