Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, February 12, 2006

What a Snow Storm!

For the very first time while in the East Coast, I experienced this kind of a snow storm!  We had 15-16" of snow.  Rick and I cleaned off our cars and of course, he did much of the shovelling. It's actually fun to experience walking in the thick snow that reached up to my knees!  But what I noticed is that it is actually colder, much much colder BEFORE the snow falls.  Sure, it is cold but not as much as when waiting for the snow. that has always been my opinion.  That is why when it gets to be so cold..I always tell Rick...I know it will snow...and after a day or so...it does!  Wonder why!


I spent the morning organizing and throwing away a lot of junk paper that was part of my old job.  But,  I kept some paperwork  since I wanted to keep in touch with those I have come to like, especially those that may be helpful when my son in law comes.


Then when Rick said it was time to clear off our cars, I donned 2 pairs of pants (which I usually do everyday when I wore pants), 2 jackets and my gloves.   I took pictures of us and I will send them to my grandkids...so they will see how deep the snow was!


The view outside with white trees looked beautiful, almost like postcards  Rick always has his digital camera handy in weathers like this so he took good shots which he is sending to his family inlcuding my own!


Well, tomorrow is the start of another work week...I am glad the snow storm happened on a weekend!


I missed church today because all services in our area were cancelled due to the snow storm.  I just tuned in to tv services to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment