Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, February 4, 2006

My Last Day

Yesterday, Feb. 3, was my last day at my current job. It was a very, very b-u-s-y day for me.  I still attended an AR meeting my our boss where he announced the Six Sigma was to be launched on Monday.  No one in the group actually knows what Six Sigma is all about, except me.  I know this is similar to Change Management, a management tool for process improvement which I was heavily involved with while in Manila.  Unfortunately, I told everyone I was on my way out.


At lunch, Craig, our service manager hosted a lunch for me and my group and everyone else who were around to partake of 3 BIG box of assorted pizzas from Delizia (a very good italian restaurant specialty for pizzas). Then I was surprised with a big cake with the words :Lita, we will miss you!" -accompanied by a card signed by everyone.  Then I was given 8 balloons with the words "Congratulations" (?)  I guess they meant...good for you...you are moving to a much better place!?I also received two gifts from Rachel and Donna complete with very touching "we will miss you" cards.  Of course, I took pictures with everyone and really took time to have pictures of my favorite people: technicians Oscar and Edgar, Roy (warehouse manager, who used to be our operations manager), Vicki our temp receptionist, Carol our safety trainor, Vashali our billing clerk, Paula, our office manager who was the only female employee and me during Kamp Fire's time, Wanda of customer service, Craig,  and of course, Rachel and Donna.


Then later in the afternoon, I trained and gave pointers to Rachel who will be taking over some of my accounts A-B-C, Donna my accounts D-E-F, Joe Sallustro who is in charge of first aid accounts--my accounts G-H.  My accounts were redivided into 3 upon my suggestion to our boss which he readily approved.  I handle very sensitive and time-consuming accounts and it was important for me to leave some pointers to Rachel and Donna. Then I made a long email to all the managers about certain accounts' status with issues.


My car looked like a junkyard: with boxes, plastic bags, folders, papers, etc. a box of leftover cake and pizza, balloons, my boom box radio, my small live plant, picture frames, etc. Rachel and Donna helped me to my car.


Honestly,  I was misty eyed seeing all the fuss around me, and for me.  Everyone said they will miss me...and I know they are sincere in saying that to me.  I make them laugh, they said, and that  they will miss my being a naturally funny, hardworking partner.  (all employees here are called partners). I also know what our customer service manager, Jenn,  told our boss when our boss  announced to all  managers that I was leaving-- "You don't know what you are losing"!!I   How nice of Jenn to say that of me.


Everyone  hugged  me while saying, they will miss me.  I  answered I will miss them too, which is really true and coming from my heart.  But like what my husband tells me--"friends at work are great but these friends won't pay your rent!!"


During my last week, I made it a point to call all my accounts which became close to me somehow...and we exchanged emails, phone numbers, etc. and told them I will be in touch, something  I will really do. And everyone who knows where I will transfer have good words about the next company.  They all have heard of it which  I will be a part of starting Feb. 6.  Oh well, I do not even have a few days break in between jobs---it will be hard work for me starting next week!


Of course apart from being sad from leaving my friends and current job , I also feel somewhat apprehensive because I will have to learn again, make new friends at work again, new policies, new structure, new leadership, etc.  But at this point, I guess I am optimistic that I can be a worthy employee as in all my past jobs.  I know God will be with me on this move as He was the giver of this new opportunity.  Thank you Lord for the friends I have made and for the new friends I will make.  Most of all, thank you for this new job!   


 


 

2 comments:

  1. It was a very nice gesture for your co-workers to have given you that kind of attention on your last day. I guess you also have to thank God that He has given you that job in the past, and you were part of a team that valued you much. With the way they have given you that "asalto", I think they really treated you as an important employee, and remember that you were given that job by God to be a blessing to them and the company.

    Let's pray that your new job will be good for you, and that you will also be blessed by your co-workers, as much as you being a blessing to them also. Pray hard that God will guide you in your new job, and that He will constantly reveal Himself to you in all things, to show His constant love for you because He has given you a new opportunity.

    BTW, please send my thanks to Rick for getting the DVD of Mr. Bean for Aaron. I hope to receive it as soon as possible, so that Migs will be able to give it to him on his birthday.

    Continue posting your pictures, especially your pictures when you left your old company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Yes, I will post the photos, but I have not used up all the film and I intend to use it when the 2 ladies and their husbands come for dinner...which has been postponed due to bad weather. But it seems it will happen this coming Saturday....today is Feb. 9.

    Yes, I have given your thanks to Rick....he is tracking it as to where the dvds are now.

    And yes, I really thank God for al the blessings I received in my past jobs...among them for Yani, you know..and also for the blessing of a new job and meeting and making new friends.
    This new job is so close to home----10 minutes away from home and 10 minutes to my part time job.

    ReplyDelete