Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Good First Week

I have completed my first week in my new job.  Putting the experience on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, I would put the scale on 7.  The whole phase of signing paperwork, reading policies, etc was a breeze.  I still have to go on line to an inter-active new hire benefits orientation to complete my benefit choices.  This is the very first company in ALL my working years (count them to 30+-!!-well this reveals my age!)  wherein if one, as an employee, does not have any dependents, that you can enroll your pets for pet insurance.  Now how about that?  And I have actually spoken with some colleagues who enjoy this kind of benefit!  One can imagine the high cost of pet maintenance and this benefit surely helps!   Now, maybe Rick and I can consider owning a pet....that is if our landlord will agree!  Or maybe on second thought, I will just wait to have a dog till my grandkids are here? Both Migs and Gina like to have a dog!


I continue to receive job tips...and while I am "tempted" to send my resume, I have decided to stick to this job for a while.  It is only 10 minutes away from home and 10 minutes away from another easy part time W-F 5-8 pm job!  What more can I ask for?  I thank God for these 2 jobs really!


Today was supposed to be our hosted dinner for my 2 colleages in my previous job.  But owing to the fact that it is expected to heavily snow this afternoon (expected 12") till Sunday, I decided to cancel the dinner and move it instead to Feb. 25th.  I pray that, that day will be a good sunny day so that we can finally get together for this dinner which I am excited to host. Both Donna and Rachel have been good to me...and I miss them.  I miss everyone at my former job...!  I have not yet "bonded" with anyone in my new position,  but I am getting there I know!


I am happy to know that Anne, my daughter, has successfully completed her retreat and re-immersion in water baptism through her and Yani's  Church --Victory Christian ).  All her learnings and her "language" are new to me ...being her mother, and having watched and seen her morphing into what she is today: a wife,  a mother to 2 wonderful kids, and the best of all....a devoted Christian in words, thoughts and action.  I know God continues to bless her and her family and I thank God for where Anne is now as far as her Christian life is concerned.


Rick and I will "stock up" on videos as we watch the snow fall tonight!  Gee, its gonna be real chilly once again!  What I hate is the "static shock" that I am so prone to experience.  I happen to be one of those who always gets slightly jolted by this.  It may be juvenile for some to fear...but I really do not like this at all.  Somehow found the way not to get them....hold on to any metal before touching door knobs, etc.  It usually works!


Till my next blog!!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment