Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

First V-Day as a Couple

Its Valentines Day.....a day for remembering your loved ones.  I sent our (from Lolo Rick and Lola L)  greetings to my/our grandkids.. and to my former co-workers and friends.  At lunch break, I drove out to buy a nicely worded card for Rickster.


While at work, Rick sent me a cute, cute E- V-card...the cartoon was singng off-tune ala american idol...I really liked the funny card...because the words being sung by the cartoon character were simple but very meaningful to us.  I thought that was it.


Reaching home, I was surprised to see the dining table all set up...roses, candles, a real card...and best of all...once again, he prepared our valentines dinner which was very delicious! : fillet mignon steak, mashed potatoes with cheese, broccoli, garlic bread...and to cap it all..chocolate cake decorated w/ roses and double vanilla ice cream!  How sweet of Rickster!  I asked him to take photos first before we sat down to dine!  Later, I told him to rest as I did the dishes. 


This is our first valentines together as a married couple...and although we did not have any material gifts for each other, his gesture of doing something special for us (me especially) is really appreciated and priceless!  I am sure I will be able to reciprocate this sweet gesture sometime soon!  Well, truthfully, I do prepare special dishes for him on special occasions...so I may do it again on his birthday this April!


I look forward to spending more happy valentines with Rick...and hope that someda,y God willing, my family in Manila will be here to join us. ..that will be a big, big wow! I am sure it will happen!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you spent your Valentine's memorably!

    Do think too, of a love far greater than what each one of us can give to another---the love that God gave us which purchased us from sin a long time ago. It is His grace that saved us, and His love for us, that we were freed from eternal damnation. And no matter how many times we try by doing good works, only Christ can make us right with God. The good works, will come after, and is a result of making our hearts His home. :o)

    Happy Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne. Yes, I am aware of all that you said. Truly, His love is the greatest of all!

    ReplyDelete