Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, January 1, 2006

2006 Fervent Hopes

As 2005 bade goodbye last night, I  pondered  upon the events that took place surrounding my life.  It was a good one-- inspite of some difficulties.  I feel blessed that I hardly faced big problems  last year, and instead welcomed some good developments, particulary:  Rick and I married in church, two good opportunities to move to a better job came which will culminate early this year, and I was able to open the door for my daughter and her family to come here.  My grandkids, Migs and Gina, are both doing well in school, and are growing up as God-loving-obedient children.  As for my other daughter, Jade,  she has a good job and husband, and was able to move into a new place.


2005 also saw our only brother, Kuya Ben, back into his professional CPA practice and business after being a political prisoner for more than a year. His children are all independent and happy with their own families.  Diche Dory is still the good elder sister to us, and granny to her brood and continues to lead a quiet life. Rita, my twin, is blessed with a good job in LA and is an able Christian source for me as I consider small choices to make. Her 2 sons are well and independent..and her only grandson Jack, has showed signs of being a musical genius at a very young age!!  Sanse Chit is still on-the-go--now back working while looking after Rita's business.  Sanse's only daughter, our niece Dina, has a stable job here and has bounced back into good health, while Dina's son Berman left to work in Kuwait. 


Unfortunately, Ate J, our eldest,  is still battling the big C and we really pray that she be touched by the Holy Spirit to be born again in faith.  I was not able to see her when she came to visit SanFo due to some personal constraints...and still hope that she will be with us the coming years...and that God makes it easy for her if the time comes for her to join our parents.. that her transition be peaceful and easy...


This year, I pray for Rick and I  to see the job changes we both want....to be able to hug my 2 adorable grandchildren...I last saw Migs when he was 2. and I was already here when Gina was born..and of course have the contentment  of having Anne and Yani here with us finally.  I am glad that Yani's family somehow makes up for my absence for they treat her well. As for Jade, God knows what I am praying for her.. .I also hope she starts raising a family soon.


I do not seek for more material blessings for I am contented with what I have...!   Instead the blessings of good health and peace of mind  for ALL MY LOVED DNES are all I ask for --for these are priceless and cannot be bought with money!!  I claim these in His Holy name!


And for a new year's resolution?  I resolved to keep all the past years' resolutions that I made, yet broken,  forgotten, or simply ignored! What is a better resolution than this one?


Welcome 2006!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! We should pray and claim that whatever we ask in His Name, He will provide. Pray that the desires of your heart will be given. As we start the year again, we will join Victory Christian Church in their annual 7-day Breakthrough Fastng. It is our 3rd year this 2006, and we will start on Friday, January 6. We shall take only water, and will pray that we will make it til the 7th day. Of course, we will pray hard for our needs too. Dapat nga ang prayer natin ay yung prayer ni Jabez! That God will expand our territory, and make us wealthy so that we may help others and not be a burden to them. That is the prayer of Jabez, and the Lord granted his prayer! Ako personally, I do not ask that we will be wealthy. But I asked God that our wealth will be in the form of good health, just a simple but complete home, a car (which He already provided), enough material needs for us to get by easily, and that Migs and Gina will grow up in the fear, knowledge and love of our Lord.

    ReplyDelete