Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, December 11, 2005

New homepage name - and - The elusive gift!

If you noticed, I have changed my webpage.  I decided that since it is I who joined this site and do all the journal entries, music, etc., it is but proper that I put a name to it that is more like me!  Jasmine is my favorite flower...the jasmine we have back home in the Philippines. (I miss its sweet fragrance) Anyway, once in a while, I will occasionally include Rickster here, but all the writings will be mostly about me. So, change the web's name I did!


Yesterday's Saturday was another wake-up-early-day for me.  I decided to go shopping for Rick's Christmas gift.  Nery, again, wanted to come with me.  So I picked her up and then drove to her sister-in-law;s home in Orange (ohhhh....another long drive).  I guess it was worth doing this for my friend since she and her sister in law haven't been to Willowbrook Mall.


After scouring countless good stores..I did not find what I know Rick will like, not necessarily needs.  The mall was teeming with people and I thought, gee, where is the boycott of stores which did not have the Christmas symbol?  Anyway, we started this shopping trek around 11:30 noon and did not stop till 5:00 pm!  But I feel good...I needed the long walk!


Now my legs are sore...although the sight of good stuff to buy was tempting and a feast to my eyes.  But I am no longer an impulsive buyer (been there, did that, but not anymore)!!  And so today, I will continue to look for that elusive gift for Rick.  And if I can't find anything worth buying, I may as well just give him a tight hug and a  kiss for Christmas...which I am sure Rick will appreciate better  After all, I think Christmas should not only be equated with material gift-giving.  Like HIS birth which heralded being born to this planet and giving HIMSELF to us earthly creatures..it is really the best gift we can give our loved ones...ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment