Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, December 19, 2005

Drive to Jersey City

My good friend, Arleen, wanted so much to have a capiz parol like ours.  And even if she isn't from the Philippines, she truly appreciates our lanterns. So, off we went to Jersey City to visit Casa Victoria, where lots of parols are on display.  She drove this time.


I always prepare myself when visiting this store--for it is there that you will see a lot of what you may miss being in the land of apple and snow!  I saw frozen big santols, lanzones, antonio pueo chocolate bars, calamansi nestea, dalandan nestea, etc...goldilocks polvoron and mamon, queso de bola marca pina, and even Biogesic capsules!  Then there is the cooked, still warm, arroz caldo, rellenong manok, biko, suman, etc.  Whew...I just controlled myself otherwise I could spend a fortune.  And since, I still needed a few small items as gifts for co-workers, I decided to buy 2 capiz paper clip holders which are so cute.   


Arleen bought a nice lantern, but had only 1 bulb, unlike ours which had 16 bulbs all in all.  


We drove back and she handed me her gift, which I will open come Christmas eve.


 


 

1 comment:

  1. Nice to know that there are still some who carry Pinoy stuff out there, kahit malayo... The trip is worth it, if only for those items that will remind you of home. That store should carry the "better" Biogesic---kalaban nila-- Bioflu by Unilab. This is the one I CAN DRINK, thanks to Unilab, it is only a small sized caplet, that will not clog my throat down. Isang inom ko lang nito, ayos na ako. Its 3 in 1---lagnat, ubo, sipon. Dapat may puto ube din sila. Sarap!

    ReplyDelete