Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christmas Rush Shopping---all done!

Well, I have finally completed my Christmas shopping.  And I have also completed writing  and mailing all my Christmas cards for my Philippine friends and relatives.  In this age of e-cards, I still prefer giving real cards that can be treasured and kept.  Of course, there are some whose  home addresses I do not know, so e-cards will be my alternative.


The objective of my last-minute shopping was hunting for a present for Rick.  And I know he will like what I got him....Nothing really expensive item...but useful items!  This time, Nery and I went to Rockaway Mall--where we found it less crowded and parking not terribly filled up.


Now, I have to find a way to keep these presents away from Rick's eyes....until they are wrapped! 


The next shopping for me to do is...shopping for what I shall prepare for our Christmas dinner.  I have invited Nery and her husband to join us.  Hmmmm...wonder what i shall cook?  They have to be a combination of Western and Filipino dishes.  Simple yet festive and tasteful...from the appetizer down to the dessert....I am all for it.  This was my deal with Rick...he did all the preparation for Thanksgiving and for the Christmas Holidays (including new year), it is my turn.  And everyone knows I love cooking....it is a chore I shall never tire of (to those who may not know...I used to be a catering manager of a famous fine dining in Manila, plus I  ran a food eatery business, a skill Anne and Yani both inherited.  They not only cook too, but even bake better than i do!)


That is why back in Manila, both Christmas  and New Year's Eves are observed in my house which has become the "reunion" spot during these occasions.  My sisters and other relatives always looked forward to what I have prepared...and like in our Filipino tradition, they always carry a "take-home" food package for the night  I made sure I prepared a l-o-t for them.


Well, I better park lest I become nostalgic again!


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment