Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Doing the Light Fantastics

Friday, Dec. 9th, was Troy Hills' traditional Christmas party where I am a part-timer.  I brought Rick along so that my bosses and co-workers can meet him, and vice-versa. It was held at the Embassy Suites Hotel.


Mary, our administrator, remarked to Rick that they are happy that I work for them because "she has done greater things than our permanent ones"...to which I say ..ahem (bow)!!


Betty, the asst. admin, on the other hand, urged Rick and I to join the group doing their thing on the dancefloor.  So, Rick and I called the challenge...and boy, we both found out we haven't lost the dancing skill even if we have not danced for many many years.


During my youth (ah..the good old days), my twin sister, Rita, my cousins Lou, Boy, and Baby, used to be out partying and dancing all night long every Saturday!  Of course, I was their dance instructor then.  I could do a mean boogie, cha-cha, and later on, the swing, mambo, salsa, etc. Even the difficult Tango is chicken to me, not to mention ballroom waltz.  That is why doing the jitterbug with Rick was quite simple.  Besides, I just followed his lead and he was good! And so we did the jitterbug to two continuous music


We could have danced some more if not for the fact that the DJ's succeeding choices were what we both considered as "noise patterns". 


The food was good, the company was also good, but what was great was that Rick and I enjoyed dancing together for the first time...  It was our Friday night's exercise!


 


 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Ma, hope you took a video of the two of you dancing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Angie, I am a very good dancer---(at least that's what my manliligaws told me before, inlcuding my sisters and friends) and ako ang promotor on teaching them. At parties, may baon akong extra clothes cause I really perspire cause of dancing all the time---mabili ako sa dancefloor (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we're neighbors so you could teach me. That's a good way to exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sure---no one is too old to learn---and know what---dances nowadays are not the kind of dances during our/my time. I love the boogie, and the swing...even tango (even if its an old kind of dance before my "dancing days"---)...tango is so graceful---

    Yes, I agree dancing is a form of exercise...just put on the music---and dance your extra pounds away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! I grabbed my grandson baby Ivan and we dance anykind, anyhow. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a very cute grandson----how adorable! I am sure you and Danny are so fond of him---like me---I tend to spoil my grandkids!

    ReplyDelete