Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend activities!

It's been sometime that Rick and I watched a movie.  And since Saturday was such a nice, nice day...we wemt to renew our Costco membership, window shopped at Target and wen to my favorite asian store.  just to buy a Filipino newspaper. 


Costco, as usual, is a treat to the eyes.  Recipe books will be a thing of the past if all people bought their goodies from this outlet.  Unfortunately, for 2 people like us, cooking is still the better alternative.  But I tell you....everything looks look so delicious...I had my fill just food tasting around the store.


Later at around 6:00, Rick and I went to the driving range.  My swing is still erratic...but for a green-horn, Rick says I am okay. There are times, the ball goes straight at 100 yards. Other times, it's a disappointment.  Oh well...I hope to improve thru constant practice.   Rick is a good coach, though.  And so, I know I will do better over time.   But Rick...wow....he really can move the ball over 150 yards!!! 


Sunday after church, as planned, I went to visit Lisa, our ex-office manager at Cintas.  She was, of course, happy to see me.  We talked of a lot of sensitive issues surrounding her departure from Cintas.  I really had to see her cause my Christmas gift to her was sitting in my car, unable to give it to her since she did not come in on her last working day. She said she plans to get me in her new office (a law firm) once she has settled and puts a lot of changes into work.  She said she really likes me to work again with her.  Of course, I said I look forward to that time.  I stayed at her house for close to 2 hours and planned to have dinner together sometime.


Then, Rick and Iwe went to see Bruce Willis' 16 Blocks.  Wow...what a terrific non-stop  action-packed movie.  If you like action, then don't miss this one.  It is a movie ala Die Hard.  I am sure my sister, Chit, would love this movie---(Anne, tell her not to miss this).


I am happy to read of Migs' being awarded a silver medal in their school's intramurals. Migs is turning out to be a well-rounded kid: he is good in math, science, reading, sports and leadership abilities.  I am really proud of him.  Of course, Gina, has her own skills too: sings well (in tune and memorizes words), fashionable even at her age, a good reader and really a sweet, sweet kid.  Anne and Yani are blessed to have such good looking and fine kids.


 


 


 


 

5 comments:

  1. I think this will be a good move, Mommy ah! And if she will be your supervisor too in this office, edi good, buddies kayo. And working for a law firm has advantages... (What kind of law firm is this, anyway?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Palabas dito sa PI ngayon yang 16 Blocks. But we have kids, so we'll pass that up muna and wait for the dvd na lang to borrow at home. If that were Shaggy Dog, however, then all of us will go! Iyan ang type nilang 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, we are blessed talaga to have kids like them. Even if we are not rich, we have two priceless treasures from God to protect and take care of. Gina is showing signs of being a good athlete also. She plays a mean "volley-balloon" (ala volleyball), and magaling siya talaga! Kahit kami ni Yani ay manghang-mangha sa galing niya na humabol at mag tap! And her academics are also on the top-most level of her class. The pressure tuloy is on me, to become more goal-oriented each schoolyear para ma-maintain ang excellent standing nila pareho! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh really it is a blessing to read of your kids' accomplishment---I am the proudest lola because of them. I am sure they will continue to bring more honors to you and Yani.

    Don't forget to tell your Tita Chit that this 16 blocks is worth watching. BTW, tell her too that Berman now has a job in customer service...started only last Monday. Berman and Jade write each other. Berman's email is bjonsim@yahoo.

    Post the pictures of Gina right away..Rick and I are anxious to view them.

    And don't forget to email me when the sched of Yani is set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pics of Gina are p[osteed na. 'tho di sila masyado maganda coz parents are not allowed to go near the stage while everything was going on. But the video is good!!!

    ReplyDelete