Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday Worship

I decided to check out a church not too far from us.  I had heard  and was impressed by their pastor on TV, and have checked out their website.  In fact, Rick and I drove by last week to check out the address.  I am familiar with its street location cause I once had an interview along that street.


The service was said to start at 10:00 and I was early.  I was suprised....cause 99% of the attendees were puro "madidilim" (just put your 2 cents worth of guess as to what I mean) and the praise and worship songs were so unfamiliar to me.  The band was too loud and the congregation was so noisy with their non-stop chantings which were sounding jibberish too!  I am sure readers will know what I mean.  I am not used to this kind of worship.  I prefer a quiet proceeding where i can really meditate and concentrate.  


From the moment I stepped in to be asked , madilim ang nagtanong" is this your first time?? I said yes..and she showed me where the ladies' room was and after thanking her, she handed me a welcome packet which had a cassette tape, a ballpen and several forms to fill up, plus forms to write prayer requests and prayer praises.  The auditorium was filled only about 1/4, the band and the soloist were singing loudly, and lahat ng  madidilims were standing and dancing!  Beside me, behind me, in front of me...all around me were all madidilim!!!! Honestly, I did not expect it for the pastor naman is puti!    And mind you, I have nothing against madidilims ...in fact, I have many, many friends like them, but their kind of service, I don't like.


Oh well, I said, since I am here and I really wanted to listen to the message, I stayed on...but I kept on glancing at my wristwatch wondering when is the message going to start? There was no bulletin to follow...  I was reminded of one church I went to in Fremont...it was exactly like this...


Finally, the pastor walked up front at 11:00 and spoke briefly...welcomed new comers...I did not stand up...but filled up the forms--including my prayer requests...and then a deacon spoke about offerings and the offering baskets were passed around.  All this time, 2 TV crews were on both aisle with the cameras browsing the attendees.


Then the message.  This pastor was good with his message (2 Corinthians:4).  He was a very eloquent, convincing and powerful  preacher...with a down-to-earth message.  Then he spoke about giving away free "prayer cloth" to anyone interested to have one.  This to me was somehow a "turn off", and let down... for it reminded me of our very own El Shaddai (the bandana, does anyone remember this?).  Then he closed by calling on those who wished to be healed..around 5 went up to the front...I listened and watched...and then I left.


What an experience.... . Next week...I will be where I was supposed to be! 


Before driving home, I checked out the location of my appointment tomorrow.  I won't be at work because of this appointment.


Oh BTW, I had a my long-overdue permanent last Saturday...at last.!  Rick complimented my new hair style.  My only regret after this permanent, .. its back to using hair rollers again!

2 comments:

  1. Pray for a good church in your area. If God would permit, try Morning Star NY, which is around 30 -40 mins from Parsippany. It is under the Every Nation Churches and Ministries----the very same one where Victory Fellowship Church in PI is under. It is Bible-based, at walang kung ano-anong epektos like this church you are mentioning. Only God's word dapat ang basis, at hindi kung ano-anong anik-anik diyan to "save" us or get us to heaven. Haha!!! sana nagdala ka ng flashlight para di ka nadiliman. (Ang sama natin!) ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay naku talaga! What an experience. Thanks, but meantime I will just stick with my small church here..until perhaps Yani and you are here, and will just join a fellowship like you suggested. Naku eh di kaya ng flashlight...dapat ang dala ko....malalaking spotlights! I listened to the tape today, okay naman except all the tape talked about was about tithes.

    ReplyDelete