Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Relaxing Weekend!

Saturday was  simply a beautiful day---no rain, just a little windy---sun not too hot---not humid---in short perfect to go out into the driving and hit some golf balls.  Since sumer of 2004, Rick has been tutoring me on the good points to be a good golfer.  I have considerably improved, but still watching out to be consistent with my drives.  I can now hit 100 yards and can make the ball fly up into the air.  But of course, Rick is a much better player cause he has been a golfer since he was 12!  Well, I guess with a lot of help from him, I am not too old to catch up.  But since we only do this every Summer & Fall, it really is quite difficult to be consistent.  In fact last year,  he gifted me with a ladies' golf set,  which is perfect for me  I used to practice with his set and since he is much taller, I have difficulty using the irons. And putting is not easy, either ...yet I hope to be on the greens pretty soon---although I do not think I can beat Rick.  If you think golf is easy---it certainly is not!  That is why, Rick keeps on coaching me on my stance, my grip, my distance from the ball, etc.  Oh well---I'll get there somehow!  And after having been introduced to golf, now I enjoy watching golf tournaments on TV, especially when humble Phil Mickelson is a participant.  I like him better than Tiger Woods.


Sunday, we decided to re-visit Arboreum again.  But to our dismay, we were quite late to see the flowers in full bloom. Nevertheless,  there were still some good remaining blooms like(Roses of all kinds, black-eyed Susan, Zenias, Hibiscus, etc.)   The pictures here will show what I mean. 


One plant caught my eye--with its long narrow leaves and white flowers---and I was right with my hunch. it  was our local Camia.  I never thought I could see it here.  Smelling the Camia flower brought back a rush of nostalgia---we used to have this plant in our backyard when I was just a kid. I think I have last smelled and saw a Camia plant almost more than 10 years ago. In Manila and its suburbs, Camia has become rare, don't you agree?  Seeing this Camia here, I nowthink having Sampaguits in this beautiful garden park would be a lovely addition to their collection.  I wonder how I could even suggest that to the owners. 


Then there's a lot of shrubs and bushes with leaves that come in varied colors and hues that viewing them from afar, they look like a framed  painting.


Well, here are the photos of how Rick and I spent our relaxing Saturday and Sunday.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment