Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, August 4, 2006

Home-Made Shrimp Wonton Appetizers (Pinsec)


Description:
Since I am "forever" dieting, I discovered having this appetizer by itself, followed by one fresh banana as my dessert, fills me up--and leaves me full and satiated. By the time I am on my 7th wonton, I know I need to stop. Hence, I am sharing this with anyone who wants to try my "diet" menu.

Ingredients:
1 lb. shrimps, shelled and deveined.
1/4 c. green onions, chopped
1-1/2 tsp soy sauce
2 egg whites
1/2 cup. chopped cilantro leaves (or coriander)
1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
2-3 pks of wonton wrappers
seasoning of your choice
Some cornstarch for dusting.


Directions:
Using a food processor, or blender, pulse the shrimp until finely chopped.
In a big bowl, mix the green onions, egg whites, cilantro (or coriander), soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, seasonings, and mix thoroughly.

Dust a baking sheet with cornstarch.
Put 1 tsp of the mixed shrimp fillins in the middle of the wonton wrapper, fold in a triangular shape, or ala-"sipa" style and moisten the edges with a little water to seal.
Transfer into the dusted baking sheet.

Boil a large pot of water and drop the wontons one by one.
Remove with a slotted spoon as the wontons rise to the surface.

Sauce:

Mix together light soy sauce (Kikkoman is the best)
Pinch of sugar,
Some drops of lemon.
Optional: hot chili

Note: You can also deep fry the wontons like my picture above. Well, I can't find any photo with the triangular shape, but you can also wrap the wontons like shown in this picture.

6 comments:

  1. wow! I love those Lita, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Angie---this is for us--weight watchers, but food lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope shrimps in the Philippines cost a little. Here in this country, as one diets, so does his wallet too...

    Unless dadayain ang laman... As in, half a kilo lang of shrimps, mixed with sangkatutak na ground pork or chicken...

    But guess what! Yani and I have discovered that Century tuna is a good alternative! We even use it for Lumpiang Shanghai, and the kids don't know they're eating fish already...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...that's a wise alternative. I will try that myself, cause Century tuna is available here also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good, dito, meron nang Century Tuna with Calamansi eh... That's what we get, para di malansa... Or the one that is Guisado Style... kaya masarap na siya, and we don't make timpla anymore... balot na lang ng balot, pero we put extenders na carrots and a little potatoes na finely chopped para mas healthy for them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe..oo nga eh!

    That's a good healthy idea..the tuna lumpia. I want to try that one too sometime.

    ReplyDelete