Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

It was a straight working week for me-and in fact worked 11 hours straight on Wed, Nov. 22, Thurs, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24!  I couldn't turn down the request of Boss Betty to work during the holiday. We couldn't make it to a Thanksgiving dinner at Jade's since I was going to work late, andtold her I preferred to rest after work,  for it is no joke to work 11 straight hours....!!!


But, of course, after saying grace, we still had a nice Thanksgiving Dinner prepared by Rick: turkey breast with  stuffings, cranberry sauce, candied yam, cheesy green beans casserole with fried onion rings , mashed potatoes with gravy...coffee ice cream and apple pie.  The food was very, very delicious and I complimented him for doing a great job!  We have learned our lesson over the years in that we do not buy nor prepare  a huge turkey, but just enough for us  to last till the weekend!  .


This is our deal, usually, he prepares Thanksgiving Dinners and I do the Christmas and New Year feasts as it is also my chore to tidy up the kitchen and do the dishes. This is a fair share of the work between the 2 of us.


Rick's Dad and sisters called to greet us...and I am really amazed talking to Rick's Dad---at 90 years of age....he is as lucid and energetic as a 30 yr old guy.  Perhaps at some time, Rick and I may travel to West Virginia once more to visit them again. 


There is really a lot to be thankful for...the most special of all was the visit of my family. How Rick and I  wish they were all here to celebrate this special holiday with us.  But I do know that someday, that time will come to a reality in His time!

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY THANKSGIVING to Tito Rick,Duane,Jade and to you Tita Litz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy thanksgiving!
    Happy thanksgiving also to Rick, Duane and Jade. I forgot to include them to the e-card.

    How nice of Rick to prepare all those thanksgiving meal..sounds yummy too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Mom and Rick!!!

    Tell Rick we missed his turkey feast, and will sample them all next time we are there!

    Yum, yum coffee ice cream and apple pie!


    Yani, Anne, Migs and Gina :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was quiet and relaxing. We had all of the usual dinner. Mmmmm good. Have a good day. Love ya, Regina

    ReplyDelete