Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, April 8, 2006

Believing in 2nd Heaven

Today is our first wedding anniversary...and we celebrated the day with a simple dinner (Rick did grilled chicken w/ veggies) and I gave him my card this morning.  Home from work, again, he has his surprise flowers--ice cream cake--card and the chicken being grilled which I smelled as I went up the stairs...


Before dinner, we had a toast of a special sparkling white wine whose brand is hard to spell...suffice to say it is a good brand according to Rick.  I am not a drinker but a small glass of white wine I can take. 


Then, it was dinner time----grilled chicken w/ green beans and carrots.  Delicious and very filling!


We took some photos and then savored the chocolate ice cream cake.  This was simply good, altho I know it will pack some unwanted pounds to my growing weight.  But forget it, it's a special occasion...so down with diet!


Tomorrow will be the special dinner with my daughter Jade and Duane. We consider this dinner as another special event that is somehow a celebration of our anniversary too.


It seems like only yesterday when Rick and I lined up to get our marriage license and then stood before Pastor David for our vows.  Since then, we hardly noticed the passing of months--and even our witness friends were surprised to realize, yes it's been a year!  He has been a wonderful partner---and yes, all I can say is--there is a second heaven, indeed...and only the Great Giver made it possible for Rick and I to find each other.    Thank you God for the past year with Rick.. and I pray You will give us more anniversaries together!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Today is our 5th one :) God bless you and honour you with many more anniversaries!!
    Judiline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Anniversary to you and Rick! This is the day that the Lord has made; rejoice and be glad in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your wishes---indeed - God has a hand in this union- and we thank Him for this.

    ReplyDelete