Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, November 25, 2005

The Philippine Christmas Parol - (a Native Lantern)

I finally opened yesterday (being Thanksgiving Day) the big box that Rickster was saving for me as a Thanksgiving surprise!  It is a beautiful "capiz shell" star shaped lantern that has multi-colored flickering lights. It is really sweet of him to give me this as he knows I miss having Christmas lanterns like we used to in the Philipines.  He sent a picture of this lantern to my daughter, Anne, who in turn, kept this from me also


Now this lantern is  hung up in our porch.  This surely is a giveaway ..anyone who sees it will see that a Filipino lives here....thank you Rickster!  That was really nice of you.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mommy,

    I went back to your new site and fixed some more things to make it more beautiful. I changed some colors, and added some things to "fill-up" the headings/tabs on top. You can change them as you wish, or tell me what you want and I can help customize them for you.

    Anyway, go back to our site from time to time for new posts. Dapat sana may pictures ka din dito para you can show to your contacts in PI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,

    Yeah, I saw the changes..looks really nice. Thanks. i posted some photos and a new recipe. Maybe in due time, I will get more acquainted with the site.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are available here in Jersey!

    ReplyDelete