Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, September 2, 2006

Cocretas de Patatas


Description:
A complete meal by itself---you'll get the carbo and protein...I thoroughly enjoyed this when I was a teenager--and when I became a mother, Anne and Jade loved this too.
So here it is for you to try and relish!

Ingredients:
1/2 kilo potatoes, boiled and mashed well
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/3 cup milk, or enough to make a paste
salt and pepper
minced garlic
minced onions
1/2 kilo ground beef or pork
Cooking oil (veg, corn, etc.)
1/2 cup water
spring onions, minced
1 c flour
Bread crumbs (plain)
2 eggs, slightly beaten


Directions:
-Blend the mashed potatoes with butter, milk, a little salt and pepper to taste. The mixture must be smooth and must form a paste. Set aside.
Saute garlic, onions, and ground meat
-Stir in the water and simmer until the meat is cooked, and the mixture almost dry
-Season with salt and pepper, and then add the spring onions.
-Blend in a little flour to get a molding consistency.
-Shape mixture into raw egg-sizes
-Cover individually with the mashed potato mixture.
- Roll each one in breadcrumbs. Set aside.
-Heat the oil for frying. Dip the potato-meat "eggs" into slightly beaten eggs, and then fry.
-Serve with catsup

12 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember this one! Masarap and good with catsup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another masterpiece...btw..i love fried foods.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne,
    I am amazed how you find good pictures to post....galing! I, myself, couldn't find one and almost posted baked potatoes! Now, teach me how to post music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arvin---I'm glad to read your comments are always favorable! Salamat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lita, sarap lahat ng recipe mo even I did not try them yet I already know I'm going to like them. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one, by the way, is an old-time favorite of my family (me when I was younger, and my children too)...This is really worth recommending. My mother introduced this to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, kami dito, pag nagmamadali, we do not make them up as ovals na... We make it ala pattie style, medyo flat na parang hash browns. They look like potato cakes, but still the same masarap na cocretas...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking about that Anne, good thing you mentioned it. I think it is easier for me to shape it as a patty na lang ;-)

    Wow! Lita, the more I appreciate your recipes, because it's been passed on by generations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What picture? The cocretas de Patatas (potato cocrequettes)? It's posted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always shape them into egg shapes---if not, then they are not cocretas---but simply patties--and the difference is--when you cut thru---you will see the meat inside--that's the surprise for your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, pero kami dito, since we are always in a hurry, pagkapasok ng meat sa loob, pak-pak-pak! Flat na lang at hindi na kaya ng oras na bilugin pa. The kids love it with mushrooms nga pala! :o)

    ReplyDelete