Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Entering Another Door!, Etc.

I have received another blessing from God.  I just accepted another job offer---the company is not as big as where I am now which is all over the US.  This new company I am about to join is based here in NJ.  But the job and the pay is extremely too good to refuse.  I ate to admit it, but I am in my current job for only 6 months.


I did not expect their call--and at first, I refused the offer--but then again, the following day, they called me and upped their offer---so I agreed!  My new job will be as a service coordinator/service dispatcher for a competitor of my previous job (one before my current job now).  It is a job that I know I will enjoy because I am used to talking to customers by assisting with  their needs,and ironing out any issues.  I am always pro-active in all my jobs---I hate to he a passive worker.  In the new position, I look forward to introducing a lot of new systems and policies--to better the department. 


I will leave the comforts of my current job: big working space, new and latest computer-really big and up-to-date facility---very cold temperature (we are in the HVAC business, that's why)---good people....but the job is too easy for me!!  Others may prefer this kind, but not me---I want real challenges---that is why I accepted the new offer.


On hindsight, the best job I really miss was as a customer relationship manager/management consultant for a management consulting company in the Philippines. Considered one of the best in finding solutions to organizational problems,  I marketed "Change Management" which is somehow like what is now better known in business language as "Six Sigma"...Other than being in marketing that took me to knock on doors of CEOs, Presidents, Senior Management Teams of various companies,  I became part of the working team that was responsible for the interventions we did on culture change, and interpreting the company's vision, mission and core values.  I also marketed management training programs and naturally was became a team member during the training sessions.


If you are familiar with the company here called Accenture---the company I was with in the Philippines was in the same business as Accenture.  Then, Accenture was called Andersen Consulting.  They are much bigger than us, but we beat them on many occasions.  I really enjoyed being a consultant those days.


While, I can always a management consulting company here in the US having a lot of experiences along this line,  a consultant requires frequent travelling to be where your client is--- and being in the US, that is something I am not in favor of!!


I am confident I will enjoy my new job!  Thank you Lord for this new opportunity!  You know I will like it and You made it possible!


 


 

7 comments:

  1. If you're happy, then I'm happy for you..Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news, 'Ma! Congratulations, we are happy for you. let's continue to pray that God will plant you there for a long time, and maybe later, who knows---you may be able to minister to your co-workers!

    Some friends of ours kase from the Professional Ministry arm of Campus Crusade for Christ went to the States (West Coast) to meet and teach some co-Christians on how to minister to others in the workplace.

    Hindi pa uso sa States pala yun, pero dito ay usong-uso na, and a lot of us, like me and Yani drop by in some offices to meet yung mga bina-Bible study namin every lunchtime. here in PI, a lot of people, kahit Catholics, ay sumasama na sa mga ganyang Bible Studies, and we are glad because God is working in every heart, so that the enemy will not get a stronghold, especially in individuals and their families.

    So we will help and continue to pray na maging happy ka na diyan, at para magamit ka na rin ng Panginoon for His glory. Libre lang yun, but the pay is overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Anne...hopefully, yes---but I still have to "re-learn" everything I knew while at Cintas!

    Glad to read Gina is ok!
    I hope she stays that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!...God not only refreshes ones spirit but physical being too. Wow! always a good feeling to recieve what your heart desires. I'm rejoicing in you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot Carms---altho I am ambivalent at this point on leaving my current job---mababait ang mga account managers who I support---plus the job really is super easy---but the call of extra challenges plus more $ is hard to resist!

    It is also a reward to have contacts/friends of a distance like you to be here in multiply---kaya I am also careful of people like whom you blocked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a let down when we encounter people of such nature as the one I blocked. I believe as we all know the world is made up of different people...so my consolation is there are more good apples than bad ones in MULTIPLY. Who knows maybe this "BLOCKED PERSON" is being healed even as we "speak/type". I offer him to God.

    ReplyDelete