Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

5 Foods to Eat Before I Die

Angie tagged me...so here's my "death-food-wish-list":

1. Lots and lots of Rebosadong female talangka (b i g, big ones) oozing with red orange fat aligue with burong mangga on the side, or patis with kalamansi.

2. Ginataang Azuhos  - a  Philippine medium-sized fish cooked in thick coconut milk  and , paired with succulent adobong kangkong.

3. Vigan Longganisa - the real ones from Vigan, Ilocos Norte--dipped in vinegar with lots of garlic and chili peppers, and paired with garlic fried rice.

4. Paksiw na Talilong - again a kind of  Philippine fish whose scales are big, but super delicious when cooked with lots of ginger and vinegar with pepper, eggplant and bitter melon.- paired and partnered with my super good  home-made binagoongan.

5. And lastly, for dessert, our home-made  real honest-to-goodness suman sa lihiya with our own sweetened coconut milk sauce cooked over slow open fire---the kind that we made then that my family was never without every New Year back in the Philippines.

So there, Angie--this list made me hungry....but I enjoyed making it...and .thanks to you!

 

 

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. I still have to narrow down the food choices to 5 food only... I'D LIKE TO EAT BEFORE I DIE. mahirap ito huh....only 5 lang talaga pwede???...hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vigan Longganisa. How could you possible have the real thing over here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...that means I have to go home and have it! Seriously, our native cuisine and tropical fruits are what we miss here...golden ripe mangoes...chicos, lanzones, atis, etc...and big, big alimango!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I did not realize I have to tag others for the tagging to continue. In that case, I tag Carms, Mike, Arleen, and Ann Kuy.
    Listen up, guys...do your tagging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carms, I tagged you...so do your list next.! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, tita! you are a real foodie!!! :) ang sarap lahat!!!

    ReplyDelete