Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, April 7, 2007

April 7 - Special Day

Today is a special day for Rick and me....it is our 6th wedding anniversary! 
We exchanged simple anniversary cards and he gifted me with my favorite red Bromellad plant.  Our union, he said, can be likened to this plant ----which grew over the years, and will continue to grow as we water and nurtured this relationship with love, understanding, laughter,  humor, patience and care which we have done all these years and will continue to do.
We only have each other here at home but Rick has embraced my daughters, Anne and Jade and their husbands, Yani and Duane, into his life and, most of all, my 2 lovely grandkids: Migs and Gina.  Conversely, I communicate with his sisters and dad who are all based in West Virginia. 
To celebrate this day, dinner will be at a favorite restaurant then watch a movie.  This is our simple celebration...yet nothing is simple when we consider each other as the best that has happened to both of us!  

7 comments:

  1. congrats on ur 2nd wedding anniversary lita.. i wish u guys many many more anniversaries to come... happy easter.. tc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the congrats and the Easter greeting! I wish you and your family a Happy Easter too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They say Love is lovlier the second time around ... and it is true I can attest to that. Happy Anniversary to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, Carms...so true. Love has no age limit...thank God! And what's more...Rick and I are both young at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Congratulations and may God continue to bless you both with true joy. I'm glad to see you so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mike...yes I am blessed with a good husband, a good job, and continue to bond with my family in the Philippines. I am truly thankful to Him.

    Incidentally, take a few moments to listen to Rick's Coppertone's barbershop quartet--visit his site --rtrent45. He was part of this group many many years ago---and after 45 years, he was finally able to hear their group once more. Regards to Mayet.

    ReplyDelete