Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Banana Bread


Description:
Bananas are rich in potassium and available year round...and as such, you can easily turn your spare ripe bananas into this quick yet rich tasing bread. After the loaf has cooled down, wrap it in plastic possibly overnight to let the flavors develop.
Best eaten with butter and jam.

Ingredients:
5 tbsps. butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
1 large egg
1 large egg (discard the yolk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas
1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.F and spray bottom on a 9 x 5 x 3
inch loaf pan with a nonstick cooking spray
-Beat butter in a bowl at medium speed till light and fluffy.
-Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and continue beating.
-Add the mashed bananas
-Add the whole egg
-Add egg whites and vanilla and beat till well blended on
high speed for about 30 seconds
-Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder
-Add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with cream and ending with flour mixture
Add walnuts to batter and mix well.
-Pour batter evenly into the prepared loan pan
-Bake until browned and thoothpick comes out clean.
-Baking time: 1 hr. and 15 minutes.
-Cool bread on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve with butter and/or jam.

8 comments:

  1. I love banana bread so much, I'm going to try your recipe Lita, thank you for granting my request ;-)...And yes please post some more, I would love to see your different kind of recipes. I'm going to share this recipe also to my friend who loves banana bread also. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm...looks so delicious...
    wanna try this soon...

    one Q..
    you forgot to include the white egg on the ingredients list..
    but you included one on directions....

    so it should be one whole egg and one portion of egg white??


    thanks for sharing.....Lovely Lita..
    thanks Angie.....for the feedback.....

    Merry christmas....

    ReplyDelete
  3. another Q please..
    when will I add mashed bananas...
    together with cream..alternate with flour..
    or after adding the egg....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria!

    Sorry for my oversight--but since I post recipes sometimes out of my head...I forget some stuff....but I have edited the recipe...Thanks for viewing my recipe. As you know...cooking is a passion for me--altho I know some of my recipes are too rich and should be avoided.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Want one? Go to www.geocities.com/testiflash

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello :)

    this is something i wanna try. to eat that is :P i'll go ask mama or my ate to make this one (kasi pag ako gagawa, malamang masunugan kami...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renato, thanks for liking this recipe....it is easy to do this---but it is easier to buy para walang sunog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Angie - My goodness - I did not even realize you sent me this last year pa.....ay naku===sorry Angie, I did not mean to ignore but honestly, di ko nabasa ang sagot mo---walang email alert sa akin ang multiply that you sent me this....thank you very much kahit na belated---beautiful message.... Kumusta ka na ba?

    ReplyDelete