Welcome to Emerald's Homepage
Generate Your Own Glitter Graphics @ GlitterYourWay.com - Image hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Ginataang Tilapya Fillet(or Azuhos)

Description:
Filipinos love any course cooked with coconut milk---this is one of them!
Tilapya is available all year round and fillets are good for this meal!

Ingredients:
4 pcs. tilapya fillet (scaled and cleaned)
crushed fresh garlic
1 sliced onion
1 red bell pepper sliced
1 green bell pepper sliced
2 pcs. jalapeno pepper (siling mahaba
Chopped ginger (quantity depends on your preference- the more- the spicier)
1 eggplant - sliced and cut into 1/2 inch.
1/2 medium sized squash - peeled, sliced and cut up into 1/2 inch.
Salt to taste
4 cups of thick coconut milk (kakang gata)
1 cup of not too strong vinegar (or rice vinegar)



Directions:
I. In a casserole arrange fish and spices
2. Pour in vinegar and 2 cups thick coconut milk
3. Boil only for 5 minutes (not longer or fish will be mushy)
4. (remove fish and set aside)
5. Add onions, red and green peppers
6. Add squash and let cook, until tender
7. Add eggplant
7. Season
8. Continue boiling by adding the remaining 2 cups of coconut milk
9. Put the fish back and continue cooking till sauce blends with the fish.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds good! I love anything with coconut milk, I would love to try this.
    Thanks for sharing, Lita ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Oh, yes, I also love cooking with coconut milk---altho in such a case...I eat a lot of rice which expands my waistline (lol!)...This is really so delicious..you will keep on doing it every so often. Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's masarap nga, and will try it next time! Is this something that we can wrap in pechay leaves? Or some kind of other leaf??? Whatever, it is yummy!!!

    Although I won't probably trade the Ginataang Tahong that you sent me, haha! I see that you and my contact are linked up na pala. Glad to see her here. They are from CA, and pareho kayo niya, I think she also loves cooking kase! And also, she's a fairly new Lola!

    Nice you are posting lots these days...You may as well turn this site into a cooking blog! Lots of people like that kind of blogging! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you may or may not wrap in pechay--in that case, kahit no more squash....and in case you will wrap in pechay---add a little bagoong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, she loves to cook too...actually ang dami kong bagong recipe which I know I can post sometime.

    ReplyDelete